Sunday, April 25, 2010

New Roadblock: Cashmoney.


I've hit a roadblock for this month.  I'm too poor!  I'm have to opt out of the Iron Cupcake Challenge tomorrow and Local Flavor SF next Saturday.  It's hard when I have to pull the capitol out of my pocket to do these events.  I know that I'd get it back for something like Local Flavor or the Underground Farmers Market, but I'm poor.

Part of the reason this project got started for me was as a way to (maybe someday) pull myself out of poverty *and* work a job that I enjoy.  That's a difficult for a new college graduate with a BFA in this highly competitive San Francisco job market.  I was unemployed for 9 months before I found my current mind-crushingly-boring job, but after that hardship I'm still savoring being able to pay bills at all.

New Goals: Soldier on!  Don't give up!  This is discouraging, but I have a lot to work on that DOES NOT require money.  I can be hired for catering which will pay ahead.  I have a whole website to build that includes writing order forms, invoices, and so on.  I have to find an industrial kitchen that I can work out some deal with.  Finally, I have a deadline of May 1st to get a finish the rough draft of the business plan.

Wow, when you put it like that, it's good that I can't get distracted by events.  I'm so busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment